Tuesday, September 26, 2017

Safe and sound!

We landed in Newark, NJ!
I was distressed when I went to baggage claim and found that my suitcase had been ripped and all my personal documents lost. By the grace of God, after seeing the ladies at the baggage service desk, we found the documents and they gave me a brand new suitcase to replace the ripped one.
It's 9 a.m. here, and my friend Jenna will be here to get us in 8-10 hours, so we paid to have our bags held and we're waiting for a bus to take us somewhere downtown maybe. If we can sit down and have an omelette that doesn't cost $14 that would be a-okay.
Luckily we were able to freshen up a bit in the bathroom so I feel more like a human now, after traveling all night.
I have also been in contact with a nice lady this morning about renting a room in south New Jersey, close to the train station that runs into Philadelphia where we can hopefully find work. I'm probably going to meet up with her tonight and maybe we won't have to find a hotel room. We're taking it step by step! I would tell you how we feel but I hardly know myself. Up until this point we've been too busy making sure we get to the right place with all of our stuff. Feels like this might be where the fun part comes in!
Cheers!