Wednesday, September 20, 2017

The "No Plan" Plan

So... so I got rid of all the things I didn't need and stored what I couldn't carry. I gave away all my winter clothes and got ready to move to an island, experience a new culture, work on my Spanish and learn new things. 
Hurricane Maria destroyed my future home. This afternoon I came to realize that the only thing I know is that I don't know where I'm going to be next. 
I'm not scared. I'm not excited. I'm calm and I'm thoughtful. 
I've never been more free.
I'm not tied to anything.
I'm not saying no to anything.
I've got everything I need with me.

"Today I finally overcame
Trying to fit the world inside a picture frame
Maybe I will tell you all about it when
I'm in the mood to lose my way with words"

It's not just that I have options. It's that anything is an option. Everything is. 

"Oh honey, it's just a wave
It's just a wave and I know
That when it comes, I just hold on"


I'm open. I don't have anywhere to be and I don't have a time to be there. I'm not pretending that I have it figured out. 
What's so is this: I don't know where I want to go and I'm taking my time deciding. I'm disappointed that I won't get to live out my Puerto Rican adventure at this time, but I still have dreams of going. Sometime in my future I will make it to the island.