Tuesday, August 11, 2020

Camping in Europe - Trailer House Paradise

Over a week ago now, I wrote my first post about camping in Europe, a far different experience than the camping that I'm accustomed to in America. One stark difference is all of the facilities you can find at a European "campground", which is more of a trailer park, an RV park and a summer camp all rolled into one. To see more of the grounds and facilities, check out my earlier posts.

Now, in the U.S. we definitely don't have other folks living on the campground, unless you count the park ranger, but that's just one. Here, they have entire neighborhoods on the grounds, and some of the trailer houses look ripe for Goldilock's pickin'... I want to sneak in and pretend they're mine for a while.

I promised you a trailer park Homes and Gardens tour, and I'm delivering, baby. As you're looking through the photos below, decide which one you'd like to spend a stolen evening in. (There will be a test at the end.)


To start, let's take a stroll down this road.



I love this photo of the trailer called Eekhoorn, pronounced a lot like Acorn in English, but with an added "H" sound... ache-horn. It means squirrel.
I don't know about you but I could definitely sit here for a while... on the outdoor furniture behind this wall, cold drink in my hand, nose in a book, listening to the beads in the doorway move in the breeze.


I know Goldilocks would be tempted by this charming gate and vine arch. What wonders lay beyond?

Ahh, now this one is fit for a Queen.




This spot looks simple and cozy. If I were Goldilocks, I'd sit here with my Goldilover,
hand in hand and happy.

Well, that concludes our virtual tour!

I lied about the test.

But I do want to know... Where would you hide away?

Until next time,
Xx Alison