Tuesday, September 1, 2020

My 5 Year Travel Bucket List

 As much as I talk about missing home and wanting to belong somewhere, I do really love to travel!!


Lately I’ve been watching Down to Earth with Zac Efron on Netflix and it’s got my adventurous spirit all in a tissy. It’s basically everything I want to accomplish in my blog and in my podcast - traveling to different places around the world to see how they’re Living, to learn from them, and to have fun along the way. 


Ahh, the dream. 


So I’ve been daydreaming about places to go next, not just for “adventure”, but for fulfillment. I want to add to the collective good wherever I am. So here’s my 5 year travel bucket list:


Volunteer in Puerto Rico for a few months

Visit European schools and learn about alternative education

Nanny a summer in Jersey in my old community

Spend Christmas + a few months with the fam

Take an RV road trip with my mom

Study ways to help farmers in my hometown harness alternative energy and use alternative waste disposal methods 

Learn more about Dutch builders / engineers developing land that enhances nature or works with it

develop my language learning company, bringing together adult students, linguist enthusiasts, and professionals alike to celebrate language and culture

Teach English to immigrants 

Visit countries with excellent prison reform systems

Learn to surf

Live in a tent

Go to where Lord of the Rings was filmed

A few months someplace peaceful and serene / in nature

Volunteer work in South America 


I think that’s quite enough to start with!


What are some of your travel bucket list items?

Comment below 😊 



Until next time,

Xx Alison